Background

Friday, October 1, 2010

On the Road Again

Well, after some hard good-byes, we were on the road again...but this time Dad was with us! We traveled from SC to Washington, D.C. to do some sight seeing - stopping at state lines across the way!







One of the greatest parts of DC was the Smithsonian Museums. This is one picture of the kids inside a shark mouth! They had so many amazing things to see - we really needed a week just for the museums. And I didn't know this, but everything in DC is FREE! Makes for an even better vacation!



The Bruce's in front of the Capital 0r is it Capitol?? I can never remember! We must admit that we were very disappointed in the grounds on the Mall. They didn't take care of the grass! I guess I should write a letter to someone!

An amazing thing - we watched the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

We had a huge blessing in DC. On our first morning, we took a cab to the Metro, and I guess my camera slipped out of my pocket in the cab, so we only had our phones for pictures that first day. Besides the camera, our card had all our pictures from the formal, graduation, etc. I was devastated! The next morning, the cab driver came to our hotel and returned our camera that was found in his cab! We were so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment