Background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lesson Learned

After living for 6 months with the bare necessities, we have realized what all you really DON"T need! As I unpack all our stuff, I think why do I need 12 mixing bowls of various sizes?? Really? In the hotel, and for the past week without our stuff, one plastic bowl was sufficient!

Jason and I have never been pack-rats before. In fact, I (not Jason) am one of the few people who actually loves having a garage sale so I can get rid of stuff. I definitely wouldn't say we have a lot of things, although the packers would probably disagree, but I do realize that we have excess.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give everything away and live on the bare necessities - the extras are nice to have - but I may rethink the "wants" and simplify the "needs." And in the meantime, I may be making a few trips to the Salvation Army donation station!

No comments:

Post a Comment