Background

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Who knew?

When we signed up for the military life, I knew many of my decisions would be taken away. For instance, we don't really get a say as to where we will live, or exactly when my hubby will be home. It is true, and becomes real very quickly, that the Army truly "owns" a little part of my family. And for me, that is okay. I believe in God's plans and know that He is guiding our steps.

The part that I wasn't ready for is the plethora of options I do have, and the decisions that need to be made. When it came to moving our stuff, we had to decide how much of that we wanted the Army to handle. The same is true of our living situation at our new post. Should we live on or off post? If we live off, should we rent or buy? What kind of schooling should we pursue for our children? It is funny to me that we are now faced with way more possibilities than we had before we were "in.".

The good thing though, and I continue to remind myself, is that God is in control! He has brought us so far in this and His handiwork is evident in our lives. The process has fallen into place, once we trusted Him enough to take a huge leap of faith. So, I must remember that the God who has brought us this far will not abandon us now. I will choose to trust Him with all the daily options and situations, believing that we are in the palm of His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment