Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Beginning


I have contemplated for a while now to begin a blog, mainly because of the encouragment blogs gave me when we were first beginning the process of going into the military as a chaplain and wife. I found a few and read them continually and they opened my eyes to so much of what to expect from this ministry. So here I am, beginning our Army adventure, and I want to share what this is all about!

We are officially one month into this Army thing..HOOAH! So far, so good. It is an adjustment as Jason continues with school, and we adjust to the humidity. We were so blessed to get to join Jason while he goes to school, and from here we will travel to our first post.


We were able to celebrate our first 4th of July as a military family. I was amazed at the display of patriotism here. Not only was the field covered with basic training recruits who voluntarily signed up for the chance to defend this great country, but the stands were full of pride. They called out each state and shot off a canon and then played the songs from the different branches of the military and the National Anthem. It was fun to hear Jason and a platoon buddy sing with gusto the Army song! And then hear so many, who already had or would, sacrifice for freedom stand and sing our Nation's song. So good to hear so many proud Americans!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, Thanks for starting a blog about your new military life. I have enjoyed reading each one tonight with Abby. You have a precious family and lovely way of talking to each one and to us. I miss you already!
    Love, Ramona Parker

    ReplyDelete