Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's been a while...


Well, I guess its been a while since I posted - about 4 months. But, it's hard to do anything else but enjoy family time when you know it is short. Jason deployed on Sunday. We've made it (with flying colors, I might add) for 5 days!! We've been blessed to already be able to Skype and talk with him, although I don't know how long that will be available. The kids are doing remarkably well, so far. I promised Jason that I would update this as much as possible, so hopefully I will do a good job of it! The day to day of our lives is pretty basic, but my goal is to keep Jason involved in the basics.

I am so thankful and proud of our soldiers. It is something I always appreciated, but never fully understood - the sacrfice they and their families make. I guess the old saying is true...until you walk a mile in my shoes.... Living this Army life for the past 9 months has been a journey, but the sacrifice has not been huge. Now it is real. It is here. I am accepting it.

I am excited to see how the Lord will grow us individually and as a family this next year. My prayer and my song this week and for the time to come is that I will "lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I will climb." He alone is my rock, and I will look to Him for daily strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment